eHealth Survey Explores the State of Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance: Business Owners and Employees Respond
51% of businesses struggle to afford group health coverage for workers
87% of employers want to offer coverage without the burden of a group health plan
Few business owners are familiar with lower-cost ICHRA plans
eHealth's survey shows small business owners have a low awareness of Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement (ICHRA) plans that could allow them to support employee health coverage while controlling costs:
- 64% of employers are unaware of ICHRA plans that would allow them to provide tax-advantaged premium assistance for health plans selected by employees.
- 51% are struggling to cover the cost of employer-sponsored group plans today.
- 87% want another way to help employees get insured without offering a traditional group plan.
"Our survey suggests that many employers are unsatisfied with the standard group health insurance model – and many employees feel the same way," said eHealth CEO
Additional insights on the challenges faced by employees:
- Employees want more and better coverage options: About half (49%) say they are only given 1-2 health plan options by their employers; 58% say their employer-sponsored plan options are not well aligned with their health care needs.
- Employees want more control over their health insurance choices: 90% believe you should be able to take your health plan with you when you leave a job; 74% say they would prefer to choose their own health plan based on options in their area rather than select from among a few chosen by their employer.
Read the full report.
eHealth's survey was conducted through a third-party vendor in September of 2022. Additional information can be found in the Methodology section of the report.
Media inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ehealth-survey-explores-the-state-of-employer-sponsored-health-insurance-business-owners-and-employees-respond-301632575.html