eHealth Releases Medicare AEP Half-Time Report on Costs, Trends, and Consumer Sentiments
eHealth's report presents an analysis of premiums and plan selection trends among Medicare beneficiaries shopping at eHealth between
- Medicare Advantage and Part D plan premiums remain stable while Medicare Supplement costs increase: eHealth data shows that premiums for Medicare Advantage and stand-alone Part D plans are almost unchanged from last year, while average premiums for Medicare Supplement plans have increased by 8%.
- Medicare Advantage enrollees are drawn to
$0premium plans: While $0premium plans account for approximately 59% of all Medicare Advantage plans available for 2022*, they account for 88% of Medicare Advantage plans selected at eHealth during the first half of the current Annual Enrollment Period.
- Support for expanding Medicare access has dropped in the past six months: 46% of Medicare beneficiaries say the program should remain primarily for people age 65 and older, compared to only 24% in April; 19% of survey respondents say Medicare should be expanded to cover all Americans, compared to 28% in April.
- Across the political spectrum, Medicare beneficiaries want action on drug costs: Among Medicare beneficiaries, 93% of
Democrats, 84% of Independents, and 73% of Republicanssupport government action on drug costs.
Read the full report.
Findings from eHealth's report are based on submitted applications for Medicare Advantage plans, stand-alone Medicare Part D prescription drug plans, and Medicare Supplement plans received by eHealth
No information relevant to eHealth's financial performance should be drawn from this report. Like other insurance brokers, eHealth is compensated on a fixed per-member basis for Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, as regulated by the
* According to an analysis by the
Media inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ehealth-releases-medicare-aep-half-time-report-on-costs-trends-and-consumer-sentiments-301428093.html